Forty Shillings is looking for a new Senior Consultant to join a team in an exciting, dynamic and results orientated sector.
About Forty Shillings
Forty Shillings is an award-winning communications agency that focuses exclusively on property, development and land issues. We have a successful record of promoting residential and mixed-use development.
We work with institutional investors, land owners, developers and local authorities throughout the development process, from influencing local plans, public consultations to people moving into new communities. We work with some of the best businesses and organisations in the sector and on some of the UK’s most important regeneration projects.
We specialise in working on high-profile and politically sensitive development and regeneration projects, managing political, media and community audiences.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious person to offer broad support to the existing team. You will have political awareness and an understanding of local government and regeneration. You will also need good time management skills, and the ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously with significant attention to detail. You will have strong drafting skills and the ability to explain complex situations to a number of different audiences.
About the job
To support the team in all aspects of client work, to lead on client relationships, oversee and manage the day-to-day work and resource allocation on projects as allocated, and to take an active role in business growth.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of projects as allocated, acting as the main point of contact for the client.
- Providing strategic advice to clients on both short-term and long-term issues affecting the project.
- Provide strategic advice to members of the team on all aspects of client work and client relationships.
- Provide strategic support by providing clear and relevant information on all client work.
- Prepare project proposals for potential clients, include detailed estimates of resources required and associated costs.
- Initiate new business pitches and attend new business and project meetings.
- Actively research new business opportunities and explore ways to expand Forty Shillings’ portfolio of activities.
- Establish a strong and positive contacts with new and existing clients, ensuring that new business opportunities are acted upon.
- Develop an influential network of contacts by attending sector relevant events.
- Act as an ambassador for the Forty Shillings’ brand and actively promote the businesses externally.
- Pro-actively manage resources across the team, ensuring that all members of the team are working effectively and productively.
- Monitor the resource allocation on a portfolio of projects, ensuring that clients are neither over-serviced nor under-serviced.
- Share knowledge and ideas across the team and develop and promote decisions made within the business.
- Manage junior members of the team as allocated, coaching and supporting them to help them develop.
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible so early applications are encouraged.
Thursday 30th September 2021
To apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (the letter should be no more than 250 words) setting out specifically:
a) your interest in property and planning, and
b) what you and your experience would bring the role.
Competitive with benefits, including pension, private healthcare and season ticket loan.
For further information, or to apply, please contact email@example.com